Besides their impressive off-road performance, Ford Rangers are loved for their spacious truck beds. The Ford Ranger`s anatomy allows you to pack items like tool boxes at the back, which ensures you can safely store your work or leisure-related accessories. So what are some of the best toolboxes for Ford Ranger?
The best toolbox for Ford Ranger depends on personal preferences. However, large-sized toolboxes with enough storage space are highly preferred. The ideal toolbox should also be made from tough and durable material. Finally, a good toolbox should have advanced safety features to keep items safe.
Curious to learn more about the best toolbox for your Ford Ranger? Then you are in the right place. Read on as we discuss the features, Ford Ranger Tool Box Size, pros, and cons of the best toolboxes for a Ford Ranger.
We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Table of Contents
Manufactured by Weather Guard, this Aluminum toolbox is among the best in the market when it comes to security features. Courtesy of its retracting protection lock, you can rest assured that your toolbox won’t be tampered with or broken into.
The presence of a full-weather seal ensures all your valuables are well protected from elements like rain, snow, and dust. Moreover, the reinforced aluminum is rust-resistant, allowing the toolbox to serve you for longer.
- The lid can open up to 90 degrees, thus giving you easy access to your tools
- The rotary latch (automotive style) allows for smooth, instant opening
- Features advanced safety features courtesy of its retracting lock
- Perfectly fits a Ford Ranger
- Comes with an all-weather seal for maximum protection against elements
- Not made from the toughest Aluminum around, meaning it can dent or get damaged if carelessly handled
If you want to conserve space on your Ford Ranger`s bed, then you should consider this 61.5-inch (156.21 cm) crossover toolbox from Better Build. Its slim profile gives you more storage room in your truck’s bed as it only takes up 12 inches (30.48 cm) of bed space.
This high-quality truck toolbox also features a cam paddle handle (double static). The auto-locking handle latch provides extra security while allowing for easy access. And for enhanced durability, you`ll love that both the toolbox is made from diamond tread aluminum (rust-resistant).
- Slim design allows for space conservation in the Ford Ranger`s bed
- Comes with a quality paddle handle latch that enhances security and ease of access
- Made from rust-resistant materials
- Small enough to fit light trucks like the Ford ranger and Tacoma
- Easy to install
- Some people complain the latches are subject to rapid tear and wear
If you prefer a swinging toolbox to a low profile one, then the Undercover SwingCase Truck ToolBox is your best bet. This high-end toolbox is designed to swing nearly 180 degrees, thus allowing for easy access. Once done, you can easily swing back the toolbox into its locking position (above the wheel well).
The presence of a high-quality moisture seal ensures your tools and accessories are dry and 100% protected from elements like snow, dust, and rain. For enhanced protection, the lid is key-lockable, while the organizational tray allows you to arrange your items for ease of access.
- Easy to install as it doesn’t require special tools
- Comes with a 1-year Undercover Store satisfaction guarantee
- Easily accessible from the tailgate as it can swing an impressive 180 degrees
- Features an organizational tray that allows for neat arrangement of tools
- Compatible with soft, folding, rolling, and hard tonneau covers
- Maintains a good level of clearance (3-inches or 7.62-cm) from the Ford Ranger`s truck bed
- The storage capacity isn`t the largest
This superior Ford Truck Bed Storage System fits the 2019-current Ford ranger since it`s designed for 6-inch (15.24-cm) long truck beds. The storage system comes with several accessories, including one D-Box (Desert Tan), one cross box (Desert Tan), and one drawer organizer.
However, Decked Store gives clients the option to purchase additional accessories like T-tracks, D-bags, additional dividers, additional boxes, and locks with keys. You won’t need to worry much about durability as the toolbox is made from HDPE (high-density polyethylene) that`s co-molded into a metal subframe. This ensures the storage system can withstand extreme exposure to UV light and extreme weather.
- Can hold an impressive weight of up to 2000 lbs (907.18 kg)
- Segmented storage allows you to store gear, tools, and other accessories neatly
- The secure drawers are weatherproof and can protect your content from environmental challenges.
- Comes with a key lock feature (optional)
- Comes packed with several accessories for improved usability and versatility
- Lengthy installation process
- You’ll need to purchase additional items such as a key lock and extra drawers
If you`re after a portable toolbox for your Ford Ranger, then you should look no further than the Dee Zee Plastic Tool Box. Despite being made from plastic material, this plastic toolbox is strong and durable, making it a worthy investment.
The presence of a foam gasket makes the box resistant to various elements such as rain, snow, and dust. And for enhanced security, the lid is strategically designed with built-in padlock locations. However, you`ll need to purchase the padlock separately.
- Comes with cup holders that add convenience when carrying the toolbox on the go
- Has a double-wall lid for reinforced toughness
- Made from a rigid plastic frame that allows the toolbox to resist warping
- Weather-resistant courtesy of the foam gasket
- Portable and easy to carry
- Dents easily if incorrectly handled
- Not the largest storage box around
Factors To Consider When Buying a Toolbox for Your Ford Ranger
Truck tool boxes are made from different materials. Most manufacturers, however, use aluminum, stainless steel, or steel to construct toolboxes. It is advisable to settle for toolboxes made from rust-resistant material.
You can also purchase a toolbox made from plastic. Plastic toolboxes are known to be lightweight, which allows you to move them from the truck to your preferred location. The problem with plastic toolboxes is they aren’t as durable as their metallic counterparts.
Not all toolboxes come with compartments for storing tools and accessories neatly. The best toolbox, however, should have at least one removable tray or storage compartment to allow for quick access. While it`s not compulsory to have a storage compartment, buying a toolbox with one or several compartments can help you access tools faster.
The idea of purchasing a toolbox is to keep your work tools or leisure accessories safe in one place. As a result, you`ll need to invest in a toolbox with enough safety features. You can opt for toolboxes that come with hasps for padlock usage or those with built-in locks that require a key to access. Either way, it is advisable to get a toolbox that can keep your content safe at all times.
Protection From Elements
It’s crucial to get a weatherproofed-tool box. Using a weatherproofed toolbox will ensure your tools remain safe, even during harsh weather. You’ll find that most modern toolboxes have sturdy latches and seals that help keep out wind, rain, and snow, thus preventing your tools from rusting.
Having discussed some of the leading Ford Ranger toolbox options, the ball is in your court to choose one that perfectly suits you. Remember to check on factors such as size, lock options, and durability to ensure you make a worthy investment.
You should also consider ease of installation and accessibility when buying a toolbox for your Ford Ranger.